The Fourth Legal Education Symposium will be hosted by the School of Law, University of Limerick on Friday, 14 May 2010. Kindly sponsored by Limerick solicitors’ firm Holmes O’Malley Sexton, it promises to be a fascinating event.
The themes for the plenary sessions are the Purpose of a Law Degree and Promoting Legal Research; and confirmed speakers include Professor Sally Wheeler of Queens University Belfast (outgoing Chair of the Socio-Legal Studies Association) and Professor Fiona Cownie of Keele University (outgoing Chair of the Society of Legal Scholars).
In addition to the plenary sessions, papers are invited for workshops on the following eight topics:
- Interdisciplinary law degrees;
- Clinical legal education;
- Integration of teaching and research;
- The law teacher as mentor;
- Law for non-law students;
- Engaging students with the curriculum;
- Undergraduate legal writing.
The organiser is Sinead Eaton, and she invites 300-500 word abstracts of possible presentations before Friday 2nd April.