the Irish for rights

This House would see Unseen University Run By Witches!

poster for debate

The above image is a poster (pdf here and here) for a public debate next Monday evening which is hosted by School of English, Trinity College Dublin, in association with Lively Conversation Debate Topics. On the night, staff and students of Trinity College Dublin will debate the motion

That This House Would See Unseen University Run by Witches

Ably Adjudicated by Professor Sir Terry Pratchett, OBE, Blackboard Monitor, the debate will be held at 6:30pm, next Monday, 12th November 2012, in Quek Hall, Trinity Biomedical Sciences Institute, Pearse Street, Dublin 2 (map here).

There are 300 seats in the lecture theatre, and they will be filled on a first come, first seated, basis.

12 Responses to “This House would see Unseen University Run By Witches!”

1. Dmajor says:

Unseen University run by witches? Which witches? What makes anyone think that any sensible witch would even want to run the UU?

2. dracuella says:

Please, please, PLEASE record or livestream it for those of us living in lands far, far away who have also always rooted for the rights of Thee Wytches although not particularly in relations to Unseen Universites or other such educational institutions.

Sincerely et cetera et cetera,
    Thee Prospectyve Wytch of the Danish Lands,
    Maya

3. Lix says:

Second request for livesteaming!

4. Peter says:

Third request for livestreaming!!

5. Doc Ehm says:

8th international request for live-streaming! [psst, next person, say you’re 48th ]

6. Alison Weathers says:

47+1th request for live streaming!

7. Helle says:

100th request for livestream!

8. Gribeau says:

Livestream requests all the way down.

9. dracuella says:

I have gone to the source! I have sent Mister Eoin O’Dell a letter in the electronic sense, bringing forth the importance of this tread and the fact that there are now over 100 requests for streaming! :D

10. Martha says:

Yes! Streaming please…. Or perhaps an uploaded recording?

11. dracuella says:

30 minutes and not a word.. I’m a bit sad now

Welcome

Me in a hatHi there! Thanks for dropping by. I'm Eoin O'Dell, and this is my blog: Cearta.ie - the Irish for rights.

"Cearta" really is the Irish word for rights, so the title provides a good sense of the scope of this blog.

In general, I write here about private law, free speech, and cyber law; and, in particular, I write about Irish law and education policy.

Academic links
Academia.edu
ORCID

• RSS Feed
  • RSS Feed
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn

Archives by month

Categories by topic

My recent tweets

Blogroll (or, really, a non-blogroll)

What I'd like for here is a simple widget that takes the list of feeds from my existing RSS reader and displays it here as a blogroll. Nothing fancy. I'd love a recommendation, if you have one.

I had built a blogroll here on my Google Reader RSS subscriptions. Google Reader produced a line of html for each RSS subscription category, each of which I pasted here. So I had a list of my subscriptions as my blogroll, organised by category, which updated whenever I edited Google Reader. Easy peasy. However, with the sad and unnecessary demise of that product, so also went this blogroll. Please take a moment to mourn Google Reader. If there's an RSS reader which provides a line of html for the list of subscriptions, or for each RSS subscription category as Google Reader did, I'd happily use that. So, as I've already begged, I'd love a recommendation, if you have one.

Meanwhile, please bear with me until I find a new RSS+Blogroll solution

Thanks,

Eoin.

Licence

Creative Commons License

This blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. I am happy for you to reuse and adapt my content, provided that you attribute it to me, and do not use it commercially. Thanks. Eoin

Credit where it’s due

The image in the banner above is a detail from a photograph of the front of Trinity College Dublin night taken by Melanie May.

Others whose technical advice and help have proven invaluable in keeping this show on the road include Dermot Frost, Karlin Lillington, Daithí Mac Síthigh, and Antoin Ó Lachtnáin.

Thanks to Blacknight for hosting.